Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Daddy's Post

Wow, this will be the first time I post during the pregnancy of our second child!  Christen brought it to my attention last night, and since I am home with a sick #1 child Annalise today, I figured I had the time to make this happen.  Time has really flown by with our second pregnancy and both pregnancies have been vastly different.  With our first go around, I had the time to cherish every developmental milestone going on with Annalise and really get to think about what it was that was actually going on inside of Christen.  This time around, it's all about hanging out with Annalise and Christen and training hard for what will be half a season since my summer will be a busy one!  Instead of focusing on what our little nugget inside of Christen is doing, I've taken the time to really cherish the last moments Christen and I have with Annalise alone.  Pretty soon the game will change drastically, and lately I have tried to be intentional about not losing out on any cool and awesome moments that Annalise, Christen and I can share that won't be around in 2.5 months!  It has been an amazing time just getting to see Annalise growing and learning so much.  She really is beginning to pick up on everything that mommy and daddy do, which I love because she can begin to see some of our habits that are rooted in our faith in Jesus Christ and we can begin talking to her about those things.  At the same time there is an exciting anticipation that I have when thinking about the gender of baby #2.  Every time we  run into someone and they ask what we're having, I say that we don't know and won't find out with huge excitement.  It's really weird that I am loving now knowing so much because I am a type-A personality all the way.  Christen definitely isn't and she is the one struggling with not knowing more than I, so funny how that works out.  Only time will tell, and it seems like the clock is ticking faster with every passing minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment