Saturday, October 15, 2011

The results are in...

Well our 10 days of waiting to find out are officially over. Wednesday, I went in for blood to test my Hcg levels. Anything over a 5 is considered pregnant but the higher the better. On Thursday we got the call letting us know that my levels were at 211! They want to test you again two days later just to make sure things are okay and that your numbers are going up and not down. They should double every 48-72 hours. So Friday, after a long emotional rough day at school I went back for them to take some blood. By the way,I'm now used to all the needles and bloodwork but these last two really HURT! I was really anxious today to get the phone call with my numbers. I was actually at the midlithian fall festival helping out at our church booth when the called. They told my congrats that my number was 435...it doubled! I'm pregnant! We went ahead and scheduled my sonogram for November 2nd at 3:00 to see how everything looks and to find out the question that I'm dying to know...is it going to be one baby or two babies??? We are very excited and praise God for everything! We are still very very early on in the pregnNcy so please continue praying for us. It's so awesome knowing that whatever happens is Gods plan for us. I love being able to rest in that! Yesterday at work I kind of forgot that I was pregnant (still hard to believe sometimes) and I lifted a child who was over 100 pounds. I didn't think anything of it until the nurses aide looked at me and said what are you doing??? I had my first breakdown thinking oh my gosh how could I be so careless when a co-worker of mine had to remind me...God made this child and don't you think Gods going to protect it! She is so right, I love that I have amazing Christian women at my school keeping me in check in the midst of emotional breakdowns:):)

My friend Becca who has been going through this whole process with me starts her stim meds today! Please keep her in your prayers! We have got to spend a lot of time together lately and I am so excited for her.

Stay tuned and follow us on this journey of our life!

2 comments:

  1. Hello pledge sister!! Christen, I couldn't be more excited for you and Mario! You both will be incredible parents to one OR TWO wonderful babies. I can't to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete