Monday, February 6, 2012

The next time I...

It is definitely Monday!  My race season is officially in full swing.  I haven't had a Monday like this in a long time.  It's the type of Monday where you are coming off of a really tough weekend of racing and you're exhausted and your legs hurt...a lot!  Enough complaining, I chose to ride and race my bike right?  Even still, I've got a little extra "hop" in my step. I've got a bit more "float" if you will. I placed decently in yesterday's race taking 8th place.  Generally thoughts of the race would consume my trip back home.  I'd ask things like, how could I have done better?  What were some things I did well?  Who beat me that I felt shouldn't have?  Who didn't beat me that I can say I'm proud to have beat?  Yesterday's drive home was different.  I stopped and thought to myself, when this race comes around next year, I'll be a daddy!  I went to the dentist last Monday and that's what got this train of thought started.  When I went to schedule my next cleaning, the lady said "you know the next time you visit us you'll have a little girl". It hit me...hard! Man what a feeling!  So that's the way I've been thinking about things here lately.  I'll take an event and think to myself, the next time I do this or that, will I be a daddy?  What a joy  What a blessing!  And from what I've been told I still have no idea.  I'm ready.  We're halfway!  Keep journeying with us!  Keep praying!  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment