Saturday, July 23, 2011

Adventure of the Meds.

Yesterday after my Gifted and Talented training I spent the afternoon researching where I could find the cheapest medicine. Here are the meds that my insurance thankfully covers:
Lupron
Progesterone
Vivelle dot patch
Doxycycline
ASA

Here are the meds that my insurance does not cover and how much the first pharmacy quoted me:
Follisim 300iu  =  $277.98
Follistim 900iu (x2)=   $1,669.98
Menopur 75iu(x 10)=   $739.80
Ovidrel          =   $99.97

So, as you can see I'm on a desperate hunt to find Cheaper! Yesterday I made around $800 in "sales" but I am determined to do better! Remember how I told you I had a friend who was going through this at the same time as me? Well we talked for over an hour yesterday about all of it. It's so good to have someone to talk to who is going through it at the exact same time. I also emailed the nurse yesterday because some of the forums that I have been reading say that instead of Follistim you can take Gonal-f, which is cheaper. So I'm waiting back on an answer for that!  So for the next 4 weeks I will be a crazy woman calling specialty pharmacies ALL over the country. If you know of any please let me know!

What has Mario been up to?
-riding his bike (today he is racing)
-taking daily naps:)
-teaching Wade how to jump up in the air and catch the frisbee
-cleaning  the house (yes he's amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment