Saturday, January 21, 2012

18 Weeks

I am so thankful to be writing you this week feeling 100% now!! I have been able to cook this week, walk on a regular basis, and the best thing about it all...being able to EAT! You'll notice in my weight gain below that I have obviously been eating. :) 

Last night after Bunco, myself and several friends went over to another friend's house to hang out and talk. As we were talking and laughing, I felt this strange sensation like a mix between a little little thump or someone blowing a spit bubble in me and popping it. It definitely caught my attention but I wasn't completely sure if it was the baby or not. As I sat real still listening to my friends talk, I tuned in to my stomach to see if it would happen again and sure enough it happened two more times. It was definitely our Baby that I was feeling. It was so cool! Obviously your supposed to start feeling the baby move around this time but it caught me by surprise for sure.

This week a couple in our homegroup brought their 6 week old baby to our house (gp was at our house this week). I wasn't nervous about the dogs being aggressive but you really just never know how dogs are going to react to such small, human beings who cry. Abbie of course was so excited and wanted to lick Nora's face and be next to her at all times (we ended up putting her outside). Wade on the other hand was a little timid at first, hiding behind me his mother:). When Mel (mom of baby) put Nora on the ground to change her diaper, Wade just rested his sweet little head on Mel's leg and watched the whole time. He is such a loyal dog who I know will be so protective of our baby in 5 1/2 months. Am I worried about Abbie? Nope, not at all. It's kind of like having guest in your home, dogs get excited and Abbie just wants to be around you and lick you and make you feel welcome. When it's just us (and when it's us and baby) she is quite honestly, the laziest dog ever who keeps to herself. I know that she is going to love the action of a new baby in our home, but she'll get used to the baby fast! 

This Thursday we go in to find out it this little 'rascal' is a Boy or Girl. These last 3 weeks have been really confusing for me. This WHOLE time I could have sworn to you that it was going to be a girl but now I really don't know. I am now 50/50. I have had 3 girl dreams and 3 boy dreams. The boy dreams have been in the last 3 weeks so I guess that is where my confusion is coming from. Either way I will be so happy. I don't care! 

Here are some pictures of our life lately!

                              Abbie and Wade chilling with me on the bed: Abbie yawning:)


                                                      17 weeks...starting to round out


                                                              18 weeks

                                          This little guy Wade makes me laugh...so cute!

                                     My handsome little husband and Wade hanging out.


How far along?   18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 6 lbs (maybe more?)
Maternity clothes? I can no longer wear my jeans...time to shop today!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: still amazing!
Best moment this week:  feeling the baby
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss Anything? nope
Movement: Yes
Food cravings: Pickles (daily) and Milk
Anything making you queasy or sick: My back pain (not sick but it HURTS)
Have you started to show yet:  yes, people our now commenting
Gender prediction: Girl for me...Boy for Mario (we'll know next week)
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In (I have noticed that it's kind of flat now)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Both

Looking forward to: Seeing our baby on Thursday!!!

1 comment: