Monday, September 5, 2011

I did it!

Yesterday after church we headed North to Denton for my Dad's 50 birthday, my Aunt Kathy's 46th, and Mario's 32nd! We had a great time playing with the dogs, wrestling, eating, eating, visiting, and eating:) It was so good to see all my family. Some times I miss the Big D (aka Denton). I love love love living down here in Waxahachie but I miss being with the fam.

At 8:00 last night it was time for my first injection. I feel horrible about the whole thing because I didn't realize that Mario wanted to watch me. I literally was shaking and so I grabbed the medicine and headed to the back bedroom. My cousin Drew who is 10 and my other cousin who is 4 followed me bc they wanted to watch. No one else knew I was about to stick myself and I didn't want to say anything bc I was nervous. I was telling Drew and Jack, "I'm so nervous". Drew's response was "just do it, pretend like it's a dart and stick it in", so I said ok and sticked myself. I honestly did not even feel it. Now the medicine burns! Not for just a couple of minutes, but it burned for almost an hour. Crazy strong serum. Afterwards, I ran in there and said "I did it, I gave myself the shot". Everyone was excited except for Mario who wanted to watch. Don't worry, I apologized and told him that he could watch the next one...which is tonight:)

Hope everyone had a great restful Labor Day weekend! Off to do my Daniel Study!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment