Tuesday, September 27, 2011

We're gonna do what when!

Ok it's time for the husbands installment once again on this journey we've embarked on.  Many things have happened since I last posted but Christen has done a fantastic job of keeping ya'll up to speed.  It has been amazing to watch the way that Christen has handled herself throughout the IVF process. She has had to give herself shots, take medicines and drive back and forth to numerous doctors appointments.  Christen has done all of this without complaining.  She has endured and carried on despite being extremely tired and bruised up (literally).  If  had ever lost sight of what an incredible woman God has allowed me to spend my life with, this journey has simply solidified and re-focused me to how truly blessed I am to have Christen.  All the while Christen was preparing her body for the retrieval date, I was also preparing..for a bike race that is.  I have been training extremely hard to finish out my season on a high note at the state championships.  Couple our jobs with having to be at different places at different times and what you get is Christen and I not getting to spend a whole lot of time together.  This feeling of separation has worn on us in the last few weeks and I am glad to say that I am officially in off-season mode!  As I crossed the line on Sunday, the last race of the season, my mind quickly forwarded to what lied ahead for me.  After the soreness and dehydration wore off, I couldn't help but have a big smile on my face because we are almost there!  I think about us starting a family daily, but it has always been amongst thoughts of cycling and work and other things.  After this weekend, Christen and I's journey became what has consumed my thoughts!  It's been one of those things where you don't really want to start thinking about the end product too soon because it seems a long ways off.  Luckily our business has us standing at the front door even though I feel like we had our initial consult with the doctor yesterday!  Tomorrow is a huge day for Christen and I.  We will be visiting the doctor and providing the eggs and semen needed to hopefully create a life!  It's my turn at 9:30 and Christen's at 10:30, so I ask that you be praying for us at that time if possible.  Thanks for reading and allowing us to share our thoughts and feeling with ya'll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment